Thursday 22 November 2012

up for (semi) retirement



I made that toolbox nearly 30 years ago now. Its been everywhere with me. On and off movie sets, in and out the van on countless occasions, and it still functions perfectly well. There's been times that I've thought it was too old and past it, so I've had 'new' tool boxes. Several months later, when the plastic handles have fallen off, I've gone back to using the old faithful!
I'm at a stage in my life where I'm looking to phase out the Interiors, they've served me well and paid all the bills, and, most importantly, funded things while my wife spent 5 years at uni. Now she's fully qualified and working as a teacher, I'm taking a brave leap into my art, and I'm keeping the toolbox. Its been my faithful companion for too long.....and it's well up for carrying my kit when I do installations and exhibitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment