Saturday 12 January 2013

get Kenny at the Kop

I've got 3 pieces of my Liverpool art at an upcoming exhibition called Mad about Liverpool, which opens Thursday 17th January, in Madelainartz upstairs in Clayton Square for her Exhibition Mad About Liverpool 2013, and my campaign got a mention in the Echo, which has just advertised it. I'm going to launch a mini version of my St. Kenny, which will be priced at £70. Half the money will go to The Hillsborough Justice Campaign (HJC), who have a shop opposite Anfield. The plaques will be for sale at their shop as well as Madelainartz. I've been campaigning to get my sculpture put up at Anfield for 2 years now, and hope to sell 1000 miniatutures of my St. Kenny, which will allow me to one day see a 12 foot version of my  Kenny in stainless steel and granite at the Kop. Anyone who buys one will be helping me in sponsoring the sculpture at the stadium. I set up a FB page, or @dalglishhh on twitter and hope one day to set out what I've been wanting to achieve for 2 years. Ambitious, but as Shankly said, 'Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling, aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.'
Here's the very first test cast in bronze finish, I'll do a pewter tomorrow. email me  dalglishhh@gmail.com  if you want to help me get Kenny at the Kop.

No comments:

Post a Comment